Monday, November 1, 2010

East Coast Road Trip: PA and VA

I decided to take the dogs and go on a little road trip...I am headed down south for a few weeks. I think I'll just meander, visiting friends along the way. Last night, I only drove 4 hours (didn't start until 6pm, oh well) and slept in the car with the dogs.

We were in a parking lot for trucks...and I parked in the shadow of one of the ones in the photo above. I hadn't considered before how bright these lots actually are...there's overhead lights everywhere. Ugh. The truckers can go into the back of their cab..I am stuck with glass all around. I put in my earplugs (highway sounds, another ugh) and buried myself in the blankets.

When I woke up 9 hours later it was only 33 degrees.

Tonight I am in a motel.
Shenandoah Valley in VA. I splurged and got a National Park Pass...and drove through part of the park. Very pretty area.
Breakfast of champions?














1 comment:

Tina Z said...

Looks like fun! Except for the temp . . .