Monday, November 15, 2010

East Coast Road Trip: NC and VA

This morning I needed to kill some time (in order to avoid Washington DC rush hour) so I got off the highway and found a park to walk in with the pups. The place we stopped was great...we took a long walk.

At one point, I turned around and thought that all 3 dogs had noticed. Elliot had NOT. I called out to him, my voice echoed off of the hill beyond, and Elliot took off at a dead run...in the wrong direction. I had to run after him, and it took a good 10 minutes before we found each other again! The place is vast, and I had lost sight of him. Out in the middle of nowhere. I was tempted to call Tina...like she could have helped. :)

This is right after Elliot and I found each other...problem was, by this point he had crossed a fairly substantial river (following my "voice") and we had to find a spot for him to come back across. Oh, my. Next time he stays closer to me.

Yesterday I stopped to visit my uncle Roger in North Carolina. Great visit!!
The view from his house...farmland all around.

Roger and his wife, Jennifer.

No comments: