Friday, November 12, 2010

East Coast Trip: Alabama, part 2

Scott and I went over to a place called Five Rivers, where the bay meets the delta. They offer boat tours. Apparently he and Ruth have mentioned going on a tour, but as he said, sometimes you don't go to see the things in your home town until a friend comes to visit. :)
There were 8 other people on the tour...a cute, hands-on young married couple (honeymoon???), 2 couples from England (great accents), and an older couple that reminded me an AWFUL lot of my parents. The husband half of that couple was Mr Camera. He photographed everything!
Ruth, Scott, and Thomas.

This is what my car looks like when I set it up for sleeping. I have decided that my car is NOT ideal for sleeping in pretty much any capacity. I can't stretch out enough, and it's harder than you might think to sleep curled up. Ugh. The night I stopped (on the way from Mobile to Atlanta) I got off the highway because I saw a sign that said "campground", and I was exhausted even thought it was only 6pm. I figured that would be better than a truck stop...less parking lot lighting perhaps? So I paid for the camping spot, and drove back to pick a spot. The entire campground was lit up just like the truck stops. I needed to rig up blankets on most of my car windows. Gee, good thing it didn't get as cold that night. When I woke up it was a balmy 43 degrees.
Interstate 10 ran across the bay/delta area. The boat tour went under it. By the way, we saw alligators, gar fish, herons, and all sorts of other birds. The guy with the camera was in heaven. :)

1 comment:

Tammy W said...

Love the colors in the first picture. You must be on your way back by now. I hope this trip has helped.