Monday, November 15, 2010

East Coast Road Trip: Washington DC

Today's side trip: 2 hours in Washington DC. As of posting, I have made it to just past Philadelphia on Rt 95. I drove down on 84 and 81...very different highways. Let me say, unequivocally, that I prefer 84 and 81. Rt 95 is just NUTS, especially between DC and...well, the rest of the way home. It's only 6pm, and in theory I could make it home tonight, but I have a really hard time driving at night. There's dead deer all over the road, and I get tired by 7ish.

On one of my long-ago road trips, I made it to PA and took some NoDoz, because I was really desperate to get home. I can assure you I will never, ever do that again. It made me so sick I had to get a hotel room, and then lay there unable to sleep for hours, and with a side case of bed spins. All from caffeine! (That's what NoDoz is, right?)
I convinced folks to take photos of me with the dogs. Most of the photos aren't in focus, but what can you do, right? :)
Oh, wait...are dogs allowed in the reflection pool at the National Mall?
Dogs are NOT allowed in here.
Dogs are not allowed up THERE.

Subtle carvings and reflections in a wall...part of the Korean War Memorial. I have to assume this is a new one, as they were still doing construction over to the side of it.

Dogs can't go HERE either.
I love my traveling companions. This has been a good trip. :)

No comments: