Sunday, February 20, 2011

India: Hindu/Sikh wedding Feb 18

The wedding the other day was covered by a team of 2 photographers and 2 videographers with 4 assistants...8 in all. I decided to amuse myself, and once again lugged all of the heavy gear to a wedding with me when I really didn't have to.

Having significantly underestimated the temperatures for the evening, I effectively froze at this wedding...which translates into: I spent more time sitting inside thawing out than I did watching any of the actual festivities. As such, the gallery is a wee bit limited as far as imagery. It's ok. I am sure the "team" had it covered.
This is Leon...he is the one that invited me to this wedding. I came to Patiala to photograph for him at the school for blind and deaf children (see previous posts). He coordinated my shooting to coincide with this wedding, so that I could go.






Flanked by their team of image makers, the couple is looking at me, as if to say "Sure, we'll smile at you, but...who the heck ARE you?"
At the Sikh ceremony earlier in the day.

The formal shots were up on a stage set up with rugs, furniture, and vast amounts of artificial lighting. There was a combination of admiration and resentment going on in my head about it all. There's no doubt that with such a setup, they can't possibly NOT get the formals right. With lighting like that, who can go wrong?

1 comment:

Kell said...

These are great! Can I use a couple for my blog (with links back to yours)?