Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Volunteer In India: Rishikesh, Mother Miracle school

The kids at Mother Miracle school are putting on a play. I was there just in time for a rehearsal...very good show! I think someone told me that over 100 kids were participating. A professional puppeteer was with them for a month, volunteering, and this show was the culmination of all of the planning, sewing, and practicing.





The school has a whole room full of computers. I was so impressed. They were practicing their typing skills...remember the line about lazy dogs and jumping foxes? It includes every letter of the alphabet, I think, and I remember typing it over and over in my high school typing class. That's what these kids were doing. Amazing!
The school's inner courtyard is just beautiful. Raised walkways, gardens, even a nice, fat yellow lab to play with!


No comments: