Saturday, October 16, 2010

Animal Aid Saturday Oct 16

One of the calls today was about a cow having difficulty calving. By the time we got there, the calf had been born and was a wet heap on the ground. While we waited, the mother licked it dry, and then we showed it where to get regular meals. It caught on eventually. :)



A puppy that was brought to Animal Aid. Rachael and Neil have been taking it back and forth with them every day, so it can be fed in the middle of the night. It's SO cute.
This VERY large cow cannot get up, as her left front leg is broken is ways you don't even want to imagine. She is fed and given water by hand every day. The poor thing is in awful shape, but as per law in India cows cannot be put down for any reason. This is quite distressing to me. Holy Cows. Grrrrr.
I don't know quite what to make of this, but it put a quirky smile on my face.
And this? Is this subliminal advertising? I see this poster everywhere around town. I have not worked up the nerve to ask anyone what the rest of it says. But you can see the word SEX from a mile away.

1 comment:

Tammy W said...

That last picture reminds me of the thoughts running through my brain on a daily basis. Most of it is meaningless jibberish... logistics... dull things that need to get done... and SEX. What sticks out? SEX. Perhaps I should learn how to read the jibberish so I could tune out the SEX!