Saturday, October 9, 2010

Animal Aid Saturday Oct 9

When we went to the vegetable market today (my 3rd time there) the guys got a little bolder. They followed us out to the truck and just...stared.
Saka giving special love and food to a dog in kennel A.
One of the calls today was for a "pig that needed to be rescued from a well". Although I wouldn't call this a well, it WAS a large, deep, water holding area. And it was full of trash and tree branches. The pig had fallen in somehow (or been thrown? As we rescued him, the local kids pelted him with rocks. I told them to stop) and Ram ji and Heera lal managed to loop a rope around it 3 times. The first 2, he wriggled free. The 3rd time was a charm, and up and over he went, with absolutely no appreciation for it whatsoever. He took off squealing his displeasure loudly. Pigs. Not exactly pets.

One of the stops was to the chicken factory. We needed to get eggs.
I love how nothing escapes the attention of the dogs roaming around in kennel A. Especially if food is involved.
Trudy doing paperwork. She has been reluctant to let me photograph her. This is pretty good, I think she's getting used to me!
Morning treatments.


They have 37 staff at Animal Aid. 37!!! Amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to see how much trash is laying around. Some of your pictures of the animals are heart breaking. -Geoff