Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Night Holgas

The fireworks display in Worcester did indeed happen...it stopped raining just in time, really. I bought several rolls of color film to try in the Holgas. It's amazing how fast the fireworks display went by without even actually seeing it. Well, I saw it, but because I was running around from spot to spot with the tripod and camera bag, it feels like it was over in an instant. All I remember is holding the shutter open and running thru some semblance of counting in my head. Then a precise 4 counts for the winding between exposures.
A holga recreation of my current header image...

To see the photos in the grid above bigger, go to my pbase galleries. I can't figure out how to make things clickable in this blog.

3 comments:

pitchertaker said...

The first and last of this series -- # 1 and #17 -- are killer. Especially that #17. That spewing fountain of fire and the startled frozen on the edge. Well seen.

P'taker

pitchertaker said...

....uh, "frozen boy" it should have said.

P'taker

Billie Mercer said...

You are an inspiration. I've done a roll with the holga at night and haven't even developed it.

But I never would have thought about trying fireworks with the holga. These are great.

Were you just holding the shutter open or did you have a shutter release?