Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Holi Party from 2011

In preparation for the next trip to India, and seeking out organizations to volunteer for, I was looking at the photos from a past trip.  I'd forgotten that there were photos taken of me one night at a party out in the middle of nowhere.  I laughed out loud to see some of these...

For Holi, everyone buys colored powders to throw at each other.  They're very bitter.  I learned quickly to keep my mouth shut.

Hmmm.  Someone gave me a turban for a minute, I guess...

Alcohol may have been involved here.

HOLI dust!

Have speakers, will dance.  All Indians know how to dance.  I fearlessly barged right in and joined them.

My face was red for DAYS afterward, and it took more than a month for it to wash out of my hair.  Good times!!!!

No comments: