Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Volunteer In India: Patiala, Assorted images

Meredith is quite good at henna.

Tonight we all went out...a bit of shopping. Meredith and Katrina stopped to look at bangles, and I was standing to the side. I realized I was surrounded by a crowd, and was surprised to realize that they were all pointing their cell phone cameras at me. My first thought was that they were making fun of me somehow...but, no. It seems they all genuinely wanted a photo...of me. And when they realized I wasn't objecting, they asked me to pose with them while their friends took the photo. Oh, my.
Meredith, surrounded by an admiring crowd while she looks at bangles.
Meredith, after being asked to pose for a photo in the mall.
They may have McDonalds at the mall, but no burgers. Think about it.
Being served samosas and Chana something or other (chick peas) at the girls school, before class. I have had both many times, and this was the BEST ever.

No comments: