Monday, January 24, 2011

India: Amber Fort Jaipur

Over the weekend, I was in Jaipur for the Ring Ceremony. The next day, I took a trip to the Amber Fort, nearby. I had been there twice before, but this time I was determined to take an elephant ride to the top. The first trip, I refused to pay (900 rupees, about $20), the second trip I got there at 11:30, and the elephants stop working at that time. THIS time I was determined to get there in time, and ride an elephant. I made it!














3 comments:

Pauligirl said...

This was one of my favorite things when I was there - the Fort was beautiful but the Elephants - they were magnificent. i felt so guilty having them take us all the way up.... at the end when I got off her I put my hand on her warm forehead and gave her thanks. I was in tears as she looked at me with those eyes...

Anonymous said...

The Amber Fort Jaipur was most beautiful place to visit in Jaipur. the Amber fort has ranking in world label tourist places. i like this destination... here most of Attractive moments Elephants riding.

pinkcity Amer said...

Jaipur has some of the marvels in terms of forts and palaces, Amer fort is an exemplar of such breathtaking beauty. Next to Amer fort, lies the charismatic Nahargarh fort, a massive fort, which is a true depiction of the Rajputana architecture, the fort was constructed in defense to the city. Nahargarh fort is among one of the most visited spots in the city, the picturesque beauty from the top of the fort is mesmerizing.