Thursday, March 4, 2010

India March 4th

I finally made it to Udaipur (5 days of motion...) and this is one of the views from the place I am staying. Usually this bridge is over, well, water. They have had very bad rains the lats few monsoon seasons, and the lake is disappearing. I was going to upload a video of the room I found onto YouTube but didn't count on India's internet being...so...slooooow. It was hard enough to upload these 3 small photos. Hmmmm. Need to reconsider. Maybe everyone will just have to wait until I get home to see most things. Can't do much about the technology infrastructure I guess. Along the same lines, I went to plug my laptop in today (in my room) and I think I blew the outlet. It made an awful noise and died. My laptop is ok. But I can't edit without power...it will die pretty fast. Damage control, damage control. Always doing damage control. My dad might say "operator problems" but not this time. :)
The pre paytaxi stand at The international airport. These men are taxi drivers. They wouldn't let me to the window, I had to stand there for 10 minutes and wait.
And this is very exciting! THIS is the infamous lost luggage room at the airport in Delhi! The one I always joke is set up like a Home Depot...except for lost luggage. Row after row of these floor to ceiling storage racks, that stretch way back. They lost my luggage (of course) and I had to jump thru 6 hoops to get it back, I got to sneak a shot of the room. This is just a small part of it, I was shooting from the hip, hoping that no one noticed. I have to say, I was terribly disappointed that they replaced the eerie lights on a single long cord, suspended right over the desk, with overhead fluorescents. It take so much of the mood away! In the end, it took 2 days to get my lost bag, and it was a lesson in handling stress. Once I got out of Delhi and on the way to Udaipur, I felt much better. Last night was spent on that train, it was a 14 hour trip. Today was spent being lazy and cleaning up, tomorrow I will go to work.

1 comment:

pitchertaker said...

YAY! You made it. I'll be listenin' from the road...