Friday, August 21, 2015

Travel changes how I eat

The food at the horseback riding place was AMAZING.  They had 2 private chefs from Spain.  Every day, every meal, was something new and incredible.  Forget the horses, I'd go back just for the FOOD!  Every night they had 16 guests and probably 12 staff to feed.  Appetizer, main course, dessert.  LOVE.

A night out at the pub.  Not being a beer drinker, the bartender managed to find me a little tiny bottle of wine.  We kept trying to leave tips, and got the distinct feeling that you don't TIP in Ireland.  A man sitting at the bar picked up the coin, walked deliberately over to our table, and plunked it back down right in front of us, then walked away. 

This waffle had great possibilities.  But when it was served cold, with hard chips of chocolate, and no butter or syrup...well, I lost interest pretty fast. 

Most traveling days, my staples were bread, fruit, mayo, sandwich meat and cheese.

Dinner on the beach...bread, butter, cheese, and wine.  Heaven!  Oh, and grapes for dessert.  Fun, but I couldn't help but notice the grains of sand in my butter the next day.

Scones and tea, can't go wrong.

And THIS.  Well, THIS is one of my all time favorites.  Fish and chips with curry sauce.  I could eat this every day.  (The curry sauce is for the chips not the fish)

No comments: