Monday, February 10, 2014

Ballroom Dancing Competition

These are photos from a job...but I'm going to throw them in the personal blog. I have been photographing dance lessons and competitions lately for WPI.  Interestingly, they have 500+ students that come for lessons, and then this competition brought students from 30 colleges together.  30!!  I'm amazed.   




Most of the photos were at 200 or 250th/sec to freeze the action.  For a few minutes, I switched to about a 30th/sec just to play.  I like it.

The couples on the floor were surrounded on all sides by judges.


How old are these kids?  Maybe 8 or 9?  They were incredible!!!

I love that she wore leopard print trimmed out in blue and turquoise.

Tails!  Nice.



Not exactly sure if it was an official part of the competition, but a few of the dances were for same sex couples.  They had a ball!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a "ball" my friend! I wish I could have been there. If only I knew it was happening.