Friday, March 30, 2012

Looking for volunteers to go to India...





Interested in volunteering in India?

Animal Aid is looking for volunteers.  I'd be happy to talk to anyone about my experiences in India, and specifically with Animal Aid.   If you love animals, and are interested in volunteering, it may be a good fit for you!

Over the last 3 years, I have been to India 5 times.  I've worked with Animal Aid, a USA based NGO in Udaipur...and also for Volunteer In India, an organization that is based out of Delhi.

This blog will show many images from both of these organizations, plus my personal photos from other trips on occasion.  (I have volunteered in Nicaragua twice for Manna Project International, as well as a personal trip to Central America.)

Although I am currently self employed as a photographer, I worked as a veterinary technician for 13 years in Massachusetts.  I try to use my varied talents whenever possible, and I enjoy combining travel with work/volunteering. 


4 comments:

Candi said...

Sounds so great! Does it have to be for a long time all at once though? I'd love to do it for a week or *maybe* two, but I can't do an entire month or more!! (not yet anyhow!)

You can email me or call or just message it here so others can see too! I'm curious!!! :P

Erika Sidor said...

Trips can be for any length of time. BUT, because of things like travel time/jetlag, I'd recommend that any trip to India be at least 2 weeks if not more. The way I see it, if you're going to go all the way there, stay as long as you can!

Also...you can always combine volunteering time with side trips to see some amazing places. Udaipur is in the state of Rajasthan...home to many amazing cities and attractions.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog ~ I love your photos, thank you.
This winter I am planning to spend 2 months in India with Volunteer in India. Would you recommend this group?
Thanks again for the amazing snapshots.

Erika Sidor said...

Yes, absolutely! Erika, Jim, and Claire are wonderful...as are all the staff at Animal Aid. Vegetarians and/or vegans will particularly feel at home here. Email me for more details if you'd like... erikasidor@yahoo.com