Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Animal Aid: Assorted images from Oct 24

This is my first post since coming to India last week.  I spent 2 days getting here, then an entire day sleeping, and then it took me several days to get back on track.  I haven't been to Animal Aid every day, but I do have some time between arriving and then shooting a wedding...so I will be taking some more photos from time to time. 

The photo above shows Laxman hanging a bag of saline for a cow that need IV fluids.

 Suraj comforting a pregnant (and apparently uncomfortable) cow.

Many of the donkeys and cows have 3 legs, or just a portion of the 4th leg.  I am not sure what's behind all of the amputations, but it's pretty amazing watching them all hobble around and be as happy as they are.
One of the resident donkeys must have come in pregnant...this is her baby, nuzzling up to Kamla Bai.

I presented Surej with a "Boston" baseball cap.  I wanted to bring him something from the USA...and from my home...and Erika had suggested baseball caps. 

Many of the dogs are dealing with severe neck/head injuries.




Laxman and I (this is a different Laxman than the one in the first photo).

No comments: