Sunday, August 4, 2019

Tower Hill Botanical Garden: Caterpillar Exhibit!

Yesterday and today, Tower Hill had a special exhibition (from The Caterpillar Lab in Marlborough) about caterpillars.  When I was at Tower Hill a few weeks ago for a formal photo shoot, I saw the poster promoting the event and knew I had to go.  I shot a wedding yesterday...but today was a free day!  I headed over and had an absolute ball photographing these little guys. 
As a kid, I would collect caterpillars, feed them, and then when the hatched from their chrysalis, I'd let them go.  It was magical.  Sometimes I'd have dozens of Black Swallowtail or Monarch butterflies all over the place.  My mother would have squealed with delight to see this show.  I thought about her all day. 

I've never wandered through Tower Hill if it wasn't for work...weddings, engagement photos, and corporate work have all been photographed by me here.  I took a break, had lunch and a glass of wine, and ventured out again.  It was a GREAT day.
























































No comments: